Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mission Accomplished!

Oh yeah, uh huh, we did it, you're jealous! Jaxen is completely, yes, 100% potty trained! It's quite an accomplishment, if I may say so myself. Now that I know what I know....I don't wish potty training on my worst enemy...but it's so glorious when you are done.

We followed the '3 Day Potty Training Method' book sent to me by my good friend Janet. Yeah, it was brutal. 3 days of Potty Training lock down! Every 3 seconds repeating 'Be sure to tell Mommy if you have to go potty.' It gets real old....fast. Especially since you are watching the little one like a hawk to make sure to catch all accidents. BRUTAL, I tell you! By the end of the 3 days...it was meltdown time. But after a brief psychotic break...I was back on it the next day. However, the next day was Sunday...which meant Jaxen had to actually leave the house...and go to church...in underwear! Pause for the feeling of dread to creep up on you.

I was really nervous since he kind of 'got it' but still chose to refrain from telling me EVERY time he had to pee. But to my surprise...he did fantastic at church. Of course I sat in his class with him and was a complete and total distraction and the constant nagging about telling me if he had to pee didn't help. But still...it was a success.

Unfortunately potty training...no matter how well it's going with the #1s...#2 is brutal when constipation has always been a factor since birth. So we paid Dr. West a visit and was told to 'clean him out.' A good ol' dose of Milk of Magnesia and then a daily dose of Miralax is sure to get things rolling. And boy did it. After one bout of the 'comeback' it would've been almost easier to pack up and move than to clean up. But...we did it. We survived. And now our little fella is getting regular as clockwork and has FINALLY figured out that #2 doesn't go in our underwear. Victory is ours!

So I thought I'd brag to all my peeps that I managed to train another human being to put onesies and twosies in their rightful place. If you are saying to yourself right now, 'Big Deal...', then you my friend have not potty trained a toddler!! Those who have...know how hard it is and what a relief it is when you are done!

And yes, he is potty trained through naps and night time too. Word to your mother!

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel grand?!? Congrats to Jaxen!! I bet he is pretty proud of himself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Samantha!! What a huge accomplishment! And way to go Jaxen - you da man!!

    ReplyDelete