Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yeah, we're at it again...

So...potty training. Yeah, it sounds great....once you're done. But to start the endeavor and follow through, well, it might as well be Mission: Impossible!

Now let me just say I haven't tried THAT hard. We've dabbled here and there because, frankly my dear, Jaxen just is NOT interested. You could say he IS interested if screaming at the top of his lungs when the word potty is mentioned indicated so.

Well this past Saturday I decided to let him run around the house with no diaper or bottoms on, you know, to see if he'd tell me he had to pee or pooooo. We only did this for a couple of hours and we were 1 for 3. 1 stream landed in the potty...the other 2 landed on our carpet. NOTE: This should incentivize my husband to put us some hard surface floors down...hint, hint!!

So I considered Saturday a partial success....he did SIT on the potty after all. Busy busy days followed Saturday and now here we are on Thursday and I didn't have anywhere to go today...so I thought I'd give it another whirl. The no diaper thing.

Success!!! Success??? Wait, I'm not sure yet.

This morning we changed him out of his realllllly wet overnight diaper. So clearly overnight is NOT an option right now! Then I let him run boundless and free around the house with no diapy and no undies. Doing pretty good. The first pee made it's way into the potty that I thought to bring into the living room. **GENIUS!!**

It seemed to work pretty good since he didn't feel like he was leaving all his toys to go potty. Jaxen did seem a lot more apt to sit on it when prompted to.

The second pee...not as lucky. Dern carpet!!! But the good news was that he knew he wasn't supposed to just let it fly on the floor because he immediately started screaming and crying. So we cleaned that up. No biggie, right?

Third and forth pee of the day (this kiddo pees a lot)...made it in the potty! Yay!!! Then comes the not so attractive part of our day. The dreaded twosie. The ol' #2. El pooperino. Yes, it reared it's ugly head.

I had been on Jaxen about sitting on the potty all day. So I was certain he was fine for 3 minutes. BIG MISTAKE!! I had literally JUST sat him on the potty moments ago. Nothing happened. So he was in his room playing as I threw a load of clothes in the wash. Foolish foolish girl. Next thing I know....I hear screaming. The 'Uh oh' type screaming. He came running to me to have me investigate the scene of the crime.

I run into this bedroom fearing that he'd peed on all his toys or worse....on Doggie Dog. But no. I noticed as he was running back to his room to show me the dreaded 'accident'....he had a smidge of yuckity yuck on the back of his calf. I was like, huh?? And then...OH NO set in.

I go into his room and see the tiniest little piece of dookerino on the floor. He's regularly constipated so I figured that was it. Not too bad for our first misplaced #2. Mind you, his room had every toy known to man all over the place, cleverly used as a disguise! I run him to the potty and clean him up. SIt him on the potty...thinking more was to come. I run back into the room to clean up the itsy bitsy poople....and then I see it. Oh no, it can't be. Oh yes it is.

A turd. And not a Biddle sized one. A full grown man, I haven't twosied in weeks, sized one. I was like...WOAH!!! And where was it?? No, not in the bed, phew!! But it was on the blanket he sleeps with...oh and yeah, partially on the carpet. I couldn't believe it. I ran to the bathroom and got MORE TP and began cleaning.

Needless to say Jaxen's room needed an airing out and some scented candles.

I got to say, Lesson Learned! Don't leave a most of the time constipated kid alone with no diaper on, in his bedroom surrounded by toys, and try to do laundry. What was I thinking?

On a high note, he did tinkle one or two more times (in the potty) before nap time...but I'd definitely say that the Dookey Bandit was the highlight of my day. Did I say highlight? Maybe I should say....most 'interesting' part.

Good luck to all you parents trying to potty train. I feel ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment